Notes for July
1) Formation - great presentation and discussion on John Duns Scotus - Mary's Architect by Phil Klim.
2) Discussion about planning for the 2nd Annual Virginia Gathering on July 30th
• Mt. LaVerna is hosting this event and we will need everyone's help.
• All members of our fraternity need to register and pay for this event.
• Registration and more details are now posted to the Regional Website
• We will be helping to organize the food -- continental breakfast and lunch (Carl has BBQ caterer, and we should also look into vegetarian options)
• Sheila will be organizing the music
• Planning for the Liturgy (readers and Eucharistic Ministers) at July meeting
• Fr. Gregory will celebrating Mass
• Two great speakers including our regional spiritual assistant Brother Michael Meza, O.F.M. Cap. and Bill Bouffard, O.F.S.
3) John shared his pilgrimage to the Quinquennial Congress. Thanks for everyone's support in going. DVDs of presenters has been purchased for the fraternity, and the new autobiography of Fr. Murray Bodo, O.F.M. was signed for the fraternity. Thanks to all the donations of toiletries -- the Blessing Bags were a successful act of mercy for St. Louis.
NAFRA YouTube with testimonials from Q
John's Photos from Q and St. Louis Cathedral
John's driving pilgrimage to St. Louis from Charlottesville and back
4) Bernadette Rumpf reported after meeting that she is testing cancer-free and thankful for everyone's prayers and support.
5) John will order a black-beaded Crown Rosary at request of prisoner from Fish Kill, NY
6) All are invited to attend the Feast of God Our Father at Terra Patris on Sunday, August 6th in Goshen, VA. Contact John if interested in going.
• Gail Barber - July 3
• Martha McGloin - July 29
• John Clem - 2 Years (July 20th)
• Melanie Bninski - 2 Years (July 20th)
Remembrance for those who have gone before us:
• Mary Benza, O.F.S.
• July 16th - Holy Land Festival at the Franciscan Monastery in DC
• July 23rd - Trader Joe's Food Ministry Pick-up at 10am
• July 30th - Virginia Gathering of Secular Franciscans
• August 6 - Feast of God Our Father at Terra Patris
• August 13th - next meeting for Mount LaVerna Fraternity 12:15pm
• Saturday, October 8th -- Elections for officers (done every three years -- prayerfully consider)
• Saturday & Sunday October 22-23 - Annual Fraternity Retreat at Our Lady of the Angels Monastery in Crozet.