Notes for January
Attendance Janaury 14, 2017: Sheila, Carl, John, Becca, Jon, Therese, Martha, Elizabeth, and Kathleen.
1) Elections: The elections were scheduled for January, but were postponed to February due to icy roads. Bob Longo, O.F.S. and Brother Matt will be coming to our February 11th meeting. Please continue to keep Rita Colleran in your prayers, and keep carefully discern a calling to leadership and service.
2) Formation: We viewed the DVD from this Summer's Q gathering to see Fr. Dan Horan, O.F.M. give an inspiring talk about Racism and Xenophobia. It was a great talk that spurred a lot of debate as we began to honor Martin Luther King, Jr. this weekend.
4) Next meeting will be on February 11th at 12:15pm
5) John will be organizing the showing of the new series, The Pivotal Players on the saints from Bishop Robert Barron this Winter at Incarnation. John is hoping for your help, and the first part of the series is on St. Francis of Assisi and will be an opportunity for vocations awareness for the OFS at these events.
6) Treasury: Thanks for all you donations, we collected $100 in free will offerings.
7) John reports working with NAFRA Social Media to help bring a new website and other resources for vocations.
• Phil Klim - January 18th
• Carl Stacy - February 18th
• No January or February Anniversaries
Remembrance for those who have gone before us:
• Mary Benza, O.F.S.
• Sunday, January 22nd at 3pm - Coffee and Conversations w/Sheila
• Saturday, January 28th at 10am - Trader Joe's Food Ministry
• Saturday, February 11th at 12:15pm - next monthly meeting + elections
• April 1, 2017 — Seventh Annual Day of Reflection for Inquirers, Candidates and Newly Professed. St. Anthony Shrine, Ellicott City, Md.
• April 28-30, 2017— Regional Retreat. PriestField Retreat Center, Kearneysville, W.Va.
• October 6-8, 2017 — Formation Directors Weekend. Loyola Retreat House, Faulkner, Md.