Notes for December
Attendance Dec.10, 2016: Sheila, Carl, John, Becca, Jon, Therese, Martha, Phil, Melanie, Elizabeth, and Kathleen.
1) Elections: The elections were scheduled for October, but have been postponed until January's meeting. Bob Longo, O.F.S. and Brother Matt will be coming to our January meeting. Please keep Rita Colleran in your prayers, and keep carefully discern a calling to leadership and service.
2) Carl brought idea of building a small stone chapel as a way to help bring needed funding to the Church of the Incarnation. Families or individual would contribute monthly and getting a stone from each donation to build a chapel as a visible sign to community. Discusssions will take place soon with staff and councils at the parish level. Could be named "St. Joseph's Workers"
3) Formation: Carl discussed FIRE catechesis program, and role playing in Gospel message for families. We look forward to having Brother Matt Hindelang, O.F.M. Cap. with us for formation at our January Meeting.
4) Next meeting will be on December 10th at 12:15pm
5) John will be organizing the showing of the new series, The Pivotal Players on the saints from Bishop Robert Barron this Winter at Incarnation. John is hoping for your help, and the first part of the series is on St. Francis of Assisi and will be an opportunity for vocations awareness for the OFS at these events.
6) Treasury: Thanks for all you doantions, note that fair share was increased slightly to allow for a multi-day meetings for Chapter of Mats for the regional ministers.
7) St. Margaret of Cortona Region -- newletters -- November issue just released
Up To Now Newsletters
8) NAFRA will soon be releasing license plate holders and magnets -- to increase visibility for vocations on our automobiles.
• Phil Klim - January 18th
• Carl Stacy - December 11th (6 years)
• Therese Auger - December 5th (20 years)
• No January Anniversaries
Remembrance for those who have gone before us:
• Mary Benza, O.F.S.
• Sunday, December 18th at 7pm - Posada for Justice and Charity (led by Sheila) bilingual
Webpage for Posadas December 16-24
• Saturday, December 24th at 10am - Trader Joe's Food Ministry
• Saturday, January 14th at 12:15pm - next monthly meeting + elections
April 1, 2017 — Seventh Annual Day of Reflection for Inquirers, Candidates and Newly Professed. St. Anthony Shrine, Ellicott City, Md.
• April 28-30, 2017— Regional Retreat. PriestField Retreat Center, Kearneysville, W.Va.
• October 6-8, 2017 — Formation Directors Weekend. Loyola Retreat House, Faulkner, Md.